Using this application, you will be able to determine whether or not the filter is now through the regeneration process, whether or not another regeneration is waiting to be finished, how many kilometers have passed since the previous regeneration, and other similar information.
Due to the fact that it uses CAN commands, the app requires at least a decent ELM327 adapter (see note below); however, some users have reported that the correct app can be used with an adapter that costs between 10 and 15 euros. This app does not use standard OBD2 commands like almost all other apps; instead, it uses directly CAN commands that are unique to each car model. This is the reason why the app is not compatible with all vehicles.
CRBC (2.0TDI 150CV)
CFHD (2.0TDI 143CV)
CUNA (2.0TDI 184CV)
CFFB (2.0TDI 140CV)
CFWA (1.2TDI 75CV)
CLHA (1.6TDI 105CV)
CXXB (1.6TDI 110CV)
CAYC (1.6TDI 105CV)(partially on Passat 3C MY10)
CAHA (2.0TDI 170CV)(beta, requires verification)
Tested by users:
(*) = partial support
- 12 DPF filter characteristics are shown, including soot mass buildup in the filter, regeneration duration, km traveled and time since previous regeneration, EGR valve closure, and exhaust gas temperatures at the DPF intake and outlet. (Note: owing to the inclusion of settings in the engine ecu, the data shown may change depending on the engine type.)
- Update settings manually or automatically
- The previous value and the difference between the actual and the previous value are shown for all parameters (only for automatic update delays different from 0 seconds)
- To boost reading speed, you may remove one or more parameters.
- Display shows the filter filling % before the filling limit is reached, which triggers the field regeneration (standard regeneration controlled by the engine ecu)
- Before commencing a field regeneration or a service regeneration, the filling percentage number is graphically shown using a progress bar.
- Filter status graphical display: red filter for regeneration phase (passive, field, or service) of grey filter with varied back interior sections based on filling percentage value
- Extra data is shown, such as the adapter communication error counter, the filter filling rate in g/min, the update time of all 12 parameters, and the automated update delay, which is really specified in the options menu.
- An active connection and the auto-update process are shown by the notification bar icon.